Offshore Oil & Gas & Project Charter Form
Lessons learnt from our involvement in printed Charterparty forms in the offshore oil and gas exploration, development and production fields and project infrastructure fields indicate the importance of careful attention in the following particular areas:
- Mobilisation and demobilisation charges and when the daily time charter hire rate is to commence and finish.
- Early termination fees and whether early termination right in relatively short term fixtures is appropriate.
- Oil pollution responsibility when emanating from a vessel not subject of the charter and the scope of charterer's indemnity in such circumstances.
- Where barges are time chartered with a tug as a single unit and the effect of this under the knock for knock regime.
- Strict compliance for vessels and their manning with project specific requirements and implication for commencement and suspension of hire.